What To Know Before Ordering Pallets
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
First thing’s first, if you have ANY questions when it comes to ordering plastic pallets, we are here to answer them fast. Never hesitate to reach out and avoid spending time trying to figure out what pallet is best for your needs. That’s what we are here for.
OK, now that you know we are ready to do the heavy lifting for you…we’ll share a few things that might make ordering plastic pallets even easier.
1. Consider the Application
When deciding which type of plastic pallet is best for you, consider the application. Do you want it to be nestable? rackable? stackable? We have plenty of options for all of these.
- Nestable Pallets offer space-saving pallet storage solutions along with durability and safety. The unique design allows you to stack more pallets at a safe height while maintaining structural integrity. By compacting your pallet stacks, you can save valuable floor space and leave more room for business.
- Rackable Pallets are the most durable and reliable pallets you can find. Designed to be safely and securely stored on racks, rackable pallets allow you to maximize available floor space without sacrificing storage space.
- Stackable Pallets gives you the options for even more pallet storage and shipping. Stackable pallets are designed to maintain maximum stability when stacked with or without products on them, especially during shipping.
So when choosing from our many options, first consider the end use – the specific application for the pallet? This will help you decide which type of pallet is best for your order.
2. Think About Pallet Specs
Now you want to consider the specifications of the pallet in need. What products are going to be shipped and how will they fit onto the pallet? What will be the total weight of the product?
Asking these questions will help determine the following specifications:
- Size: we have over 30 different dimensions of pallets, so if you have any questions on this topic…reach out to us and we can help you figure out which one is right.
- Capacity: our pallets have many different weight capacities depending on your load
- Static/Floor Load Capacity (lbs): range between XXXX and XXXX
- Dynamic/Fork Load Capacity (lbs): range between XXXX and XXXX
- Racking/Edge Load Capacity (lbs): range between XXXX and XXXX
- Color: determine whether you want the standard black, or choose from other colors to suit your needs:
- Blue: These are FDA approved plastic pallets that are safe for the storage of food, beverages, and pharmaceuticals.
- Other Colors: red, yellow, green, grey
3. Don’t Forget Other Features
Beyond the normal specs, you will also want to consider other features that distinguish the different pallets. Here are the most important to think about:
* Stacking: How many laden pallets are in a stack? If you need help with this, check out our calculator that will show you the maximum quantity of laden pallets that you can safely stack.
* Open vs Closed Deck: Modern day top decks come in two main categories, open and closed. We have a full article on the topic, but here’s a brief explanation of both.
* Open Decks: Also known as ventilated decks, have openings in the surface often referred to as the mesh or grid. These openings make the pallets lighter in weight and less expensive to purchase. The larger the mesh/grid openings are, the thinner the plastic pallet appears. Open deck pallets also allow easy draining when wet.
* Closed Decks: Also known as solid top decks, have solid plastic surfaces without grated openings. Most closed deck plastic pallets have a smooth surface with either an anti-skid surface or a lip around the perimeter. Closed deck pallets offer great hygiene due to protection from spills or splashes, and are easier to clean.
If any of this still leaves question marks in your mind about which pallets to order, remember…that is what we are here to help you with!
Start by reaching out.
* What items are keeping you stuck from ordering?
* What questions are still lingering?
Share your Comments!
We’d love to hear from you – please let us know what questions you have – and check our our article on other ways to save money on pallet shipping charges.
Need Help Selecting A Pallet?
Our Plastic Pallet Experts are happy to help you find the right plastic Plastic Pallet and send you a quote that includes shipping costs.
Please contact us to find the perfect pallet at the best price.